Friday, December 19, 2008

Sock and awesome

As much disdain that I have for the current occupant of the White House, I have to admit I was outraged when that Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at him.

Nothing makes me stick up for Bush more than when somebody goes totally overboard. (One of the reasons I couldn't stomach so much of the antiwar movement was because Bush was regularly compared to a certain mustached Austrian Fascist.)

Say what you will about George Bush's policies (which, I think could be argued, are murderous in their wreckless) there's something horrible about throwing things at the President of the United States. Even if he's a douchebag who's running out the clock, the President's personal safety is of the utmost importance (with the noted exception of the incoming President Obama) and is nonnegotiable. The fact that the Secret Service's response was so slow and lame was even more outrageous.

All that being said, this new videogame is kind of great.