Friday, July 11, 2008

Kudos, madam

This is sort of a new one for me...

Last night I went to a movie with my fellow journalist (and future Harvard Law School student) Jenn Siegel who, in addition to telling me how many schlub traits she has (apparently, there are a number of burned out light bulbs in her apartment still in their sockets) she hit me with something that even a schlub vet like me was stunned to see.

As she reached for some cash, she took her loose dollar bills out of plastic bag from the grocery store...

Wow.

I have to hand it to you, Jenn. I'm sort of impressed by that one. ("I go camping a lot," she said by way of explanation when she saw the stunned look on my face, "and when you camp a lot, you learn to keep almost everything in plastic bags to keep it dry.")

I'll have to remember to put that one in to future editions of FSTS...