Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Real estate head explosion

If I've been a little lax about posting on the blog the last few weeks, you can chalk it up to the fact that I was hard at work on the New York Post's real estate fall preview -- which is on stands now! (And it's 44 pages! Not our biggest, but pretty darn big.)

Yours truly has a good three articles that he authored or co-authored. One is about how the Upper East Side is actually somewhat reasonable, if you're a middle-range millionaire (I know, I know...) Another about the Maxim Bungalows in the Dominican Republic that I visited in April (also, I wrote the Colorado item in that article.) And a third by-the-numbers sort of piece. (You know -- like the Harper's Index... which, incidentally, my friend Adam Bonislawski is much better at than I am and who has one of the more sober pieces in the section.)

However, when I'm really honest with myself, I think the thing that I'm proudest of is the headline I wrote for the story about Tottenville, Staten Island.

(Oh, and my favorite headline that didn't make it into the paper was the one about Philippe Starck which was, "Starck Struck.")