Friday, October 22, 2010

Ready, Setai, Go!

In the midst of all my blogging fury of yesterday (two posts in one day!) I neglected to post my latest in NYP Home.

This week, I examine everything that's been going down in south Midtown, starting with the Setai.

I have to admit, as someone who is slightly skeptical about that area, there's some cool stuff on its way: the Michael White restaurant, for instance, can only help the area. (I don't know if I sounded off about Marea yet, but I went there a couple of weeks back and thought it was absolutely delish! The lobster burrata and the spaghetti with sea urchin were works of freakin' art! And even the dessert of valrhona chocolate cake with caramel crispies were superb.)

Likewise, while I've never actually been to STK myself, I've heard nothing but good things.

In short, attention snobby New Yorkers like me: don't write the area off!