Tuesday, May 24, 2011

High times

I'm a little late posting this, but here's my big story about the next phase of the High Line.




One of the interesting questions: Will Part Two of the High Line be better than Part One?




Leonard Steinberg, one of Elliman's super-brokers, seems to think so. As do a couple of others that I spoke to.




I don't know yet, but I'll certainly be visiting when part two opens for business in June.




(And while you're visiting the HL, there are a lot of great --and super-expensive -- restaurants to visit that are worth a splurge: Mario Batali's Del Posto and Scott Conant's Scarpetta. Scarpetta is probably the cheaper of the two. And it's only opened for dinner. But if you go for an early, 5 pm-ish dinner, the spaghetti with tomato sauce -- very simple, but so perfectly done -- is worth the outrageous $24 price tag.)