Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Flea Grows in Brooklyn

Brooklyn Flea (that big Fort Greene-based street fair) has fled -- to Williamsburg.

Well, "expanded" is probably the better word. (But then I wouldn't be able to use that lede!) But, in any event, its new incarnation along N. 6th Street and Kent Avenue is called Smorgasburg. (Get it?)

I went this Saturday for the Post and it really is a foodie bonanza. It's crazy! There were more than 90 different vendors -- and they're expecting to have more than 100 by June.

Plus, there was a ton of things that I tried that I couldn't even get into the piece. (Maine lobster roll from Red Hook Lobster Pound, anyone?)

My three faves, though were definitely:

The Landhaus BLT.

The "Hot Griddle Mess" from SCRATCHbread.

The cold noodles from Shorty Tang.