Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Long and Wining Road

There!

I get to use the headline I had wanted to use originally for my story about local wineries! ("Grapes of Rapture" is not bad.... but I thought "Long and Wining Road" was better.)

Oenophiles with a car would be wise to check out a few of these places. (I really liked Cameron Stark's "Big O" wine at Unionville. And Revolutionary Red was also excellent -- and really well priced!)

But schlubs like me with neither a car or a driver's license are probably out of luck. Almost none of these wineries are accessible via public transportation. (I got there because I went with publicists or photographers who could drive.)

For those who are looking for something a little more accessible, Millbrook Winery, which has a shuttle from the train on the weekends. (I wrote about them here.) Or I would also recommend an afternoon either at Brooklyn Winery or Brooklyn Oenology (both of which I wrote about here.)

Happy drinkin'. (If you go, go with a designated driver!)